Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 2010 20:44:05 +0000
From:      Vince Hoffman <vince@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Kaya Saman <SamanKaya@netscape.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible to run 2 instances of Bind DNS server in jails??

The only bit I'm not certain on is dedicating a nic to a jail (more
because I havent tried than because I believe it cant be done, I'd
expect that the network stack virtualization in 8+ should allow this.)
You can most definately run seperate instances of applications in jails.
I'd recomend subscribing to the freebsd-jails mailing list
(http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-jail) for jail
specific questions as I've only dabbled with them a little. But a 10
second example

[root@seaurchin ~]# jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
     1  10.20.0.3       womble                        /var/jails/womble
     2  10.20.0.2       foobar                        /var/jails/foobar
[root@seaurchin ~]# jexec 1 ps ax
  PID  TT  STAT      TIME COMMAND
 8166  ??  SsJ    0:06.69 /usr/sbin/syslogd -s
 8231  ??  SsJ    1:00.94 sendmail: accepting connections (sendmail)
 8235  ??  IsJ    0:00.92 sendmail: Queue runner@00:30:00 for
/var/spool/client
 8241  ??  SsJ    0:08.55 /usr/sbin/cron -s
79334  ??  IsJ    0:00.06 /usr/sbin/named -u bind
79559   0  R+J    0:00.00 ps ax
[root@seaurchin ~]# jexec 2 ps ax
  PID  TT  STAT      TIME COMMAND
 8504  ??  IsJ    0:01.15 sendmail: Queue runner@00:30:00 for
/var/spool/client
 8510  ??  SsJ    0:08.35 /usr/sbin/cron -s
79447  ??  IsJ    0:00.07 /usr/sbin/named -u bind
79584   0  R+J    0:00.00 ps ax

Hope that helps

Vince