Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 2009 01:02:52 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "Leonardo M. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ram=E9?=" <martinrame@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More on Toshiba A305 SP6926A

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 05:12:24 -0700 (PDT), Leonardo M. Ram=E9 <martinrame@ya=
hoo.com> wrote:
> A new issue I found is I can't control screen brightness &=20
> contrast. This machine has this control in Windows by clicking
> the [FN Key]+F6/F7.

Erm, you are *clicking* the keys on the keyboard? With
the mouse? Would you explain how you do this? :-)

Polite / almost technical answer follows:

> Does anyone knows how to enable this in FreeBsd?

Traditionally, those functionalities - Fn + PFx in order to
change some "hardware setting" like brightness, contrast,
volume, CRT / LCD and others - are not the subject to the
OS, they are much more "lower level".

It's completely possible that those functionalities
require an OS specific driver (ugh) in order to work
correctly. I mean, even a simple switch isn't part of
the earphone socket anymore: If you want to use the
earphones, there needs to be software (double-ugh) that
switches off the internal speakers... by the way, we're
talking about a little piece of metal here.

--=20
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0