Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2019 13:16:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6722@twc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can Ethernet and wi-fi be used concurrently?

> from Nick Wolff:
>
> > Yes this is no issue just need to make sure you don't have an default route
> > on your Ethernet interface(May need to set a static) and that the hotspot
> > network and intranet network doesn't overlap.
>
> To use the ethernet, I believe I need
>
> route add default 192.168.0.1
>
> if I don't use dhclient.
>
> How do I avoid this, and then how would I add route for the hotspot network?

One of the night mares of trying to get 2 interfaces that
either one is using DHCP to play nice togeather is
a royal PITA as we have no way to ignore a default route
from a DHCP server.

Our (the freebsd) dhclient is lacking in this area, this problem has
been solved in several other implementations.