Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 14:41:38 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bug with moused and XFree86

>    I must be missing something here...  I normally use /dev/cuaa0 for
>my 'mouseman' type mouse.  After reading this thread, I tried using
>/dev/sysmouse instead, but then I don't get any mouse events at all.
>Neither moused nor X see the mouse, and 'cat < /dev/sysmouse' while
>moving the mouse shows nothing.  However, all of the above work just
>fine with /dev/cuaa0...
>
>    What am I doing wrong?

You should be running moused on /dev/cuaa0 telling it you have a
'mouseman' mouse.  You should then tell X that you have a mouse systems
mouse on /dev/sysmouse.  Having both moused and X using the same
device is bound for trouble since you don't know which of them will
get each event.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations