Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 2014 13:03:22 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox@gmail.com>
Cc:        William Grzybowski <wg@freebsd.org>, ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: multimedia/tvheadend fails under FreeBSD 9.2-stable
References:  <CAJ_iqtZ-FdOjfbNQ9gbM1OLBaNNudPASSoAd=t0NfsuYvhsYQg@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X0Mcou%2BrDyOgek964UTNzd1tjVThke-ELh8wDGn7GC-iQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ_iqtZ5JCyP%2BKf9AOeGkW%2BxaULTeOmgpFGWdHXtzERN1MLoxA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X3gfeVcLKKzU-SeOsYcEir3%2Bc97H7khDR64rVbOZ2bFWA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE-m3X1-reV5xPPuE-P_544EB4%2BqjWQsGzuhy2jKe=tC8S0Crg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ_iqtb1=hkU2ER=j3grnWMr%2BS7BE-tUDnB--p2gcjEAAa2UWw@mail.gmail.com>

Am 15.02.2014 12:13 schrieb "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <tingox@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
> Thanks for working on this - much appreciated!
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Bernhard Fr=F6hlich <decke@bluelife.at>
wrote:

> > Well I'm a bit pissed now because wg@ has broken the port [1] but in
such
> > a way that I didn't notice it up to now. He has changed the dependency
> > from ffmpeg1 to ffmpeg and removed the configure checks which cannot
> > work because ffmpeg does not compile with ffmpeg 2.x. Since he has
> > also removed ffmpeg1 I don't see a chance how to fix it unless I feel
brave
> > enough to bring back ffmpeg1 or add support for ffmpeg 2.x to tvheadend=
.
> > Both seems unrealistic to me right now so I had to remove the FFMPEG
> > option in the port and the dependency to ffmpeg completely and disable
> > libav to ensure that it doesn't try to use an installed ffmpeg 2.x.
> >
> > So this is the situation right now in 3.4.0.20130726.3_5 and it should
> > build fine but you loose all the functionality that requires libav.
> >

> Updated to latest ports, which got me tvheadend installed.
> I'm not sure what "all the functionality that requires libav"
> includes, so let me ask this way:
> - will / should DVB-C devices (via webcamd) work even without libav?
> - will CSA / cwc work even without libav?

Yes, both should work. It uses libdvbcsa for that.

What you loose is transcoding and streaming via the webinterface.