Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:10:09 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: re(4)

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 09:18:37PM +0900, To freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org wrote:

 > Dear all,
 >
 > I've committed a fix for bus_dma(9) bug which resulted in poor Tx
 > performance on TSO enabled re(4) driver. With the fix and revised
 > re(4) I got more sane performance on re(4). Because there are too many
 > hardwares that rely on re(4) I'd like to hear any success or failure
 > reports before revised re(4) hits the tree.
 > For PCIe hardware users it would be great if you can submit
 > performance numbers for stock re(4) and revised one. The revised
 > re(4) can be found at the following URL.
 > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/re.HEAD.patch
 >
 > Note, you need latest kernel to get correct performance numbers.

I've fixed a bug which resulted in checksum offload bug and update the
patch. It should have no ression.
We're very close to code freeze and have too many consumers of re(4).
Without users success report it would be impossible to commit the patch
before branching 7. Since I don't have 8139C+ based ones, I'm also
interested in how it works on 8139C+ hardwares.

Thanks.
--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon