Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:09:41 -0600
From:      "Michael G. Goodell" <michael2043@comcast.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Which FreeBSD For A Production System

Which release of FreeBSD is best for a production environment? I am aware of
the different branches of development: CURRENT, STABLE, RELEASE and I
*think* I understand the meaning of each from what I have read. Perhaps not
since I am writing this question! But, what I would like to know is when I
am setting up a production system, or desktop for that matter, which is
considered *THE* most stable of the choices in versions. Is it in the 4.x
branch, 5x etc...

Where can I get clarification on this topic - any direction would be
welcome.

Thanks,

Michael