Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:11:56 -0500
From:      Bob Ababurko <bob@phreakout.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   apache wont start after mhash install

Hello-

I have a box that is running 5.2.1 on sparc64 hardware.  After
installing php4-mhash-4.3.8_2 via ports, apache will not start again
after it is stopped.  It will return to normal after I uninstall the
port of coarse.

The only error message I get is this in /var/log/messages:

Feb 20 21:54:05 web1 kernel: pid 71512 (httpd), uid 0: exited on signal
11 (core dumped)

What is the next step to determine the problem?  Do I need to do a core
dump analysis to figure this out?  If so, what is the way or best way?

Also, I noticed that it seems like I have both versions of apache
installed.  I do not believe that I did this so I am thinking that
somehow the ports did it.  I found it when I did a pkg_info:...
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.31+2.8.19.  This is one thing that I found odd, so I
thought it may be somehow contributing.

-Bob