Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:01:56 -0500
From:      "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@eagle.ca>
To:        <peter@sysadmin-inc.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: A really easy one for you networking guru's

> What is a bridge.

 A bridge. Think of it literally. A bridge connecting one side to the
other. You take your car and drive down the road, along a bridge and more
road.

 In networking terms... a "bridge" is simply an extended link from Point A
to Point B... (and most are extremely easy to configure). Same network,
it's just farther away.

 We have used wireless bridges and DSL bridges in our company.

 Setting up a bridge is usually brain dead simple.

 Now... routing a subnet, that's a completely different, more complicated
topic.

-Gerry