Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:10:43 -0600
From:      Jason McNew <jase@clearsail.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS mounting problems.

I have a 2.2.7 machine named foo that is exporting /home via NFS.
Machine bar (also 2.2.7) is having problems mounting it.

On machine foo, I have the following in the exports:
/home -maproot root:wheel bar

On bar, I have the following in the fstab:
bar:/home             /home           nfs     rw              0       0

After -HUPing everything I can think of, it hangs while mounting most of
the time.  Sometimes it appears to successfully mount, but then it hangs
anything that tries to access it such that not even kill -9 will make it
die (in state D+).  Netstat on bar shows an nfs connection to foo, but
netstat on foo shows nothing to bar.  I don't get any errors on the
server side, and I get allot of hung processes client side.  Our users
log into bar via NIS, which is working fine, and we want them to have
the same home dir as on foo.

Any hints as to why this is not working or what I can check?  It used to
work, but after upgrading foo from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 (yes I admit, we
didn't exactly follow the proper upgrade procedures... lesson learned..)
it stopped.