Date:      Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:59:04 -0500
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        Butch Evans <bevans@bpstelephone.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make problem (upgrade to -STABLE)

Butch Evans wrote:

> I have 3.1-RELEASE now and am trying to upgrade.

you can't go straight from 3.1-RELEASE to 4-STABLE.  IIRC you need to
first upgrade to 4.0-RELEASE, then 4.2-RELEASE, then 4-STABLE.  I'm not
100% sure about which releases you have to hit so you might want to
double check me there, but this is definatley the problem...

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                    Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

         - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.