Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:05:12 -0400
From:      Victor Salaman <salaman@teknos.com>
To:        'Scott Mitchell' <rsm@acm.org>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: compatibility list

It's about time someone said this Scott...

Linux is not that great, it's mostly smoke and mirrors. But in the eyes of
mainstream everyone, FreeBSD is the underdog. And if we don't capture that
marketshare, Linux could improve their networking/stability/vm, etc... and
be up to par or even better than FreeBSD, that would mean "Let's all run
Linux, why FreeBSD". The attack has to come from everywhere.

If I were not a technical personal, I wouldn't have been able to make my
notebook PCIC controller work. Not even with 4.0-CURRENT or anything, just
because the motivation in the core team is not out there...