Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:32:42 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports.conf

Thus spake David O'Brien (obrien@FreeBSD.ORG):

> > Would something like /etc/ports.conf be acceptable?  That way it can be
> > modified separately from the configuration for the main /usr/src tree,
> Yes.  Not because it separates things from knobs for /usr/src, but
> because it separates things logically.

So, are you ok with:
- share/mk/sys.mk only sucking in /defaults/make.conf and /etc/make.conf
- bsd.port.mk sucking in $PORTSDIR/Mk/ports.conf and then overwriteable
  in /etc/ports.conf?

(Don't bother about the location in the ports/ tree, which can change).

I think this is the general agreement, isn't it?

Alex