Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:45:45 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Alexandr Matveev <timon@timon.net.nz>
Subject:   Re: LVS/DR load balancing via FreeBSD

--------------enig4303A0094FAF65BFCE3F0C9B

On 19/09/2011 11:44, Alexandr Matveev wrote:
>   We have two Linux servers doing LVS/DR load balancing (rewriting MAC
> addresses).
> Is there a way to do this in FreeBSD, so there won't be need for a Linu=
> servers here?
> ( http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-DRouting.html )
>=20
>   There is a port net/ipvs but it's an old and (seemingly) unmaintained=

> patches.

Sounds like relayd(8) might be what you need -- in ports as net/relayd.
 It works with the pf(4) firewall, and you can use it to implement
almost all of the functions of an expensive hardware loadbalancer on a
cheap PC.

It should be able to do what you want -- which I am more familiar with
as 'Direct Server Return.'  relayd(8) is ported from OpenBSD, and the
FreeBSD port doesn't yet support absolutely everything that it can do
natively on OpenBSD.  The missing stuff is mostly to do with creating a
HA firewall/load-balancer pair, which seems to be one of your
requirements, so you might want to try it under OpenBSD.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3