Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2018 22:33:45 -0700
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
Subject:   colord hints needed

Not entirely sure this is the proper place to ask this question, so please
let me know if not.

Can anyone who is using colord point me at what it takes to get it running?
I have it installed but it's not running, and it's not clear to me how to
get it set up.  I see man pages installed for
   cd-create-profile
   cd-fix-profile
   cd-it8
   colormgr
I see the following behavior:

$ colormgr get-devices
No connection to colord: Could not connect: No such file or directory

$ /usr/local/libexec/colord

(colord:53306): Cd-WARNING **: 22:22:04.783: failed to open plugin directory: Error opening directory ?/usr/local/lib/colord-plugins?: No such file or directory

If I create the directory /usr/local/lib/colord-plugins, colord appears to
execute but there is no daemon left sitting around.

$ ps ax | grep colord
53316  3  S+        0:00.00 grep colord

I'm running xfce4 as a wm; no session mgr.

Thanks,

Gary