Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:10:36 -0500
From:      Chen Xu <xuc@mcbi-34.med.nyu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help: boot manager gone!

Dear All,

I had FreeBSD 2.7 in the same hard disk with win95. And I had boot manager
installed from FBSD CD. So I could chose F1 or F2 to boot Win95 or
FreeBSD.

Yesterday, when I tried to add a new hard drive to the machine (I want to
give FreeBSD more space), I mistakenly installed EZ Bios coming with the
new disk of Western Digit, which erase the boot manager in the old disk. I
could not boot into FreeBSD any more.

How can I get my boot manger back without installation? I don't want to
lose what I had there before.

Many thanks in advance.

Chen
xuc@saturn.med.nyu.edu