Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:10:47 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        harti@freebsd.org
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RTC on ultra-10

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 06:59:33PM +0200, Harti Brandt wrote:

> has anybody an idea why the eeprom does not attach on my ultra-10? The
> result is that I have no RTC. Attached is the verbose boot and the config.

Yup, version 1.238 of src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c.  :-)

I've been told Thomas is working on a patch so I stopped looking into
it.  Warner has also been told that this broke a few things, I'm
not sure if he's working on it though.

This is third-hand info that originated at Thomas, and might be
suffering from interpretation on my part:

	This version of pci.c pre-allocates PCI resources at the point
	the PCI-to-Ebus bridge attaches.  However this range of resources
	that gets pre-allocated includes the devices which then want to
	be attached via the Ebus so when the attach routine for these
	Ebus devices gets run the attach fails because the resources
	they want are already "claimed".

Any inaccuracies in that are due to me and not Thomas... :-)

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu