Date:      Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:45:09 +0100
From:      Bernhard Fischer <bernhard.fischer@fh-stpoelten.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>
Subject:   Re: Accessing samba shares without password prompts

--nextPart1766119.QM333dD1gz

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 02:36, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Can someone point me to info on how to access shares on the netowrk
> without having to provide the password. I am logged in to my FreeBSD 6.0
> workstation with the user name and password equal to that of a user on
> the other samba servers and Windows.

I'm not sure if it also applies to FreeBSD but under Linux  you can specify=
=20
the following mount options in /etc/fstab to a samba share:
credentials=3D/etc/samba/credentials

It points to a file (/etc/samba/credentials) which contains username and=20
password in the format

username =3D someuser
password =3D somepass

The file should only be readable by root.

Regards,
bh