Date:      Mon, 16 May 2011 13:16:08 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clean up old PRs

--------------enig75A017ABD5FB75EE57DC2B9F

On 16/05/2011 13:02, Jerry wrote:
> x - expired
>     This report is over 2 years old. If no one has bothered to fix it
>     by now, then in all probability no one will.

I've had PRs committed after spending many years in the queue.  Just
because it's old doesn't mean it's pointless.

Closing older PRs that have been rendered irrelevant by the passage of
time, or where the problem can not be reproduced on a current system, or
where the original submitter has disappeared and there's no one else
interested: that seems like a worthwhile project to me.  But there
should be better selection criteria than just the time elapsed since
submission.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20