Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:57:38 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick_oreilly@mweb.co.za>
To:        "Gary Kline" <kline@tao.thought.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Registrar recommendations wanted

> I have some domains at dotster.com.  Pricing seems similar to other
> posts on this thread.  I have no idea what they are like to deal with
> because everything is 100% automated via their web interface, and it
> has all worked perfectly so far!
>
> And they offer DNS hosting, web hosting, email accounts, etc. (at
> additional cost obviously).

	So: what've we got so far? gkg, gandi, and this one, dotster.
	I have a few months before my domain registration is up.  If
	I switch *now* to (say) gandi, does that mean that  gandi
	holds the registry and I won't have to deal with those NSol
	morons again?

PS: When I moved my registration (about three or four months ago) from
register.com to dotster.com, the charge was $13.95 (if memory serves
correctly), and that included the cost of transfer PLUS extention on the
domain expiry by an additional year.  You can move anytime, no need to wait
for the period to expire!

Oh - just checked again - they are now doing transfers at $11.95.  darn!

Patrick.