Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:40:05 -0600
From:      Mark Cohen <logos@csf.edu>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Activate Expired Account

First, please excuse any unintentional improprieties as this is my first
posting to a FreeBSD mailing list.  Second, I searched the archives of the
various FreeBSD mailing lists and the closest answer came from this list,
so I figured even though I am not part of an ISP this would be the best
place (I have already tried the misc newsgroup).

So without further ado here is my question:

What would be a secure, yet practical way to allow a non-superuser account
have the priviledge to unexpire/activate user accounts.

Basically, I would like to be able to pre-setup accounts and have them
created as either expired or de-active by default; and then have them be
activated by someone else, yet not give any additional privs than
necessary.  Also, the idea is to make this as automated as possible. So how
to create such a script that only one other user could run would be ideal.

Thanks for any info on this matter. As I am not a subscriber as yet (still
seeing if FreeBSD is the way to go for my situation), please send to me
personally as well as to this list (if you believe this would be valuable
for anyone else).

Thanks much,
Mark
logos@csf.edu