Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 23:33:46 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        Gina1642@aol.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I need help...trying to setup FreeBsD 5.0 current

Gina1642@aol.com wrote:

> First of all I'm new to this system.  The system is installed. I have read
> the manual several times plus the man pages.  Still can't get pass login.  I
> need to set the permmission so I have access to everything. And get the
> commands found.  Even as root.Ican execute a command or granted permission to
> run anything. Any hints?

	Please don't take this the wrong way, it's not intended as a criticism.
You DEFINITELY do not want to be running -current. You want to run
4.3-Release. But, before you reinstall I'd like to suggest that you take
some time and read through the handbook and faq on our web site. Most of it
will not make sense at this time, but you'll catch enough to get a feel for
what you're getting yourself into.

	If you can afford it, I'd suggest getting a set of CD's, and "The Complete
FreeBSD," which is an excellent introduction to FreeBSD specifically, and
to a certain extent unix in general. After that, if you need help, try
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.

Good luck,

Doug