Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2011 09:39:21 -0500
From:      Kevin Wilcox <kevin.wilcox@gmail.com>
To:        Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qmail or postfix?

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 09:32, Alessandro Baggi
<alessandro.baggi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list. Who is better, qmail or postfix?
>
> thanks in advance

That's a loaded question. Both have advocates, just like "vi or
emacs", "Linux or Nothing", "FreeBSD or OpenBSD", "OS X or Windows"
and "X Window System or CLI".

That said, if you know neither and your requirements are met by both
of them, I'd opt for postfix. It isn't as burdened with dependencies
and, from what I can tell, it enjoys a larger, more active support
community.

kmw