Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 02:47:09 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Link to a new Tutorial ?

On Sun, Oct 26, 1997 at 11:29:45PM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Is anybody out there listening? We really would like a link under
> > the Tutorials sections entitled "A Comprehensive Guide to FreeBSD".
> >
> > If it isn't possible to get a link, I'd at leat appreciate a
> > response to let me know why not... I think it's shaping up to be a
>
> Well, basically because everything under there is built from source
> and it's a comfort to know that anything in the tutorial section can
> be checked out, edited and checked back in as part of the doc
> distribution should someone wish to make a contribution.  Your
> document, on the other hand, is not a FreeBSD Documentation project
> "product" and should therefore probably get a link under support,
> along with the other 3rd party resources.

Fair enough. We're just looking for more feedback to better the
"product". FWIW, the "IP Aliasing" section is also a link to another
server so I didn't realize that this was the policy for the tutorials
sections.

When our stuff is done, or at least in better shape, I certainly have
no quims about it residing on the FreeBSD servers as part of the
official FreeBSD Documentation Project (assuming it's worthy of such
honour) -- the only reason it's not right now is because it's changing so
rapidly it would be very inconvenient to have it anywhere except on my
server.

The bottom line is that any link to increase our visibility would be
appreciated. If the Guide can help anyone out, that's all we want - with
maybe an added bonus of some feedback so we can make it better.

cya,
-Mark

> 					Jordan

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code
Win95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to
an an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.  -UGU