Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:16:36 +0900
From:      Daichi Furusaka <furu@ht.sfc.keio.ac.jp>
To:        singh@pdx.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.ORG, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSd- 4.2 wireless network RTS/CTS

Hi,

> 	I have a adhoc network of four laptops, I want to know how can I
> enable RTS/CTS feature. Is RTS/CTS enabled by default ? In wicontrol I see
> "RTS/CTS threshold : 2347", I have no idea what does this mean.

You need change the value of this threshold to zero (or smaller size
than 1500).

Using this threshold, wireless NIC determines whether it needs rts/cts
exchange or not.  If the size (in bytes) of a tx frame is smaller
than this threshold, NIC exchanges RTS/CTS control frames between its
destination.  Otherwise, it just sends a data frame, and wait for its
ack in MAC.

So if you want to enable RTS/CTS feature for every transmission of
frame, you just set this threshold to zero.

Hope it helps,
-- furu