Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 05:45:18 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: locate:database too small

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:26:19AM +0800, EdwardKing wrote:
> I use locate command,like follows:
> $locate mail
> locate:database too small: /var/db/locate.database
>=20
> I know it need to update from document: /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb ,but=
 I don't know how to execute above command,I am a newer to Unix,how to do i=
t?

Probably the best way to do it is to become root using su(1) or sudo(1),
and then type:

/etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate

This could take several minutes, depending on your system.

Or you could wait another couple of days, and it will run automatically
(take a look at cron(8), crontab(1,5), periodic(8) and periodic.conf(5))

--=20
Daniel Bye
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )