Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 07:10:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>, Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Broadband downunder

On 15 Feb 2001, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

:"Haikal Saadh" <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com> writes:
:> > Shockingly, I had the same experience ordering DSL from Verizon.  I was
:> > quite clear that I wasn't a Windows user, and was told that wasn't a
:> > problem, as long as my equipment did IP over ethernet and DHCP.  We'll see,
:> > if the hardware ever shows up.
:> Hardware compatability should not be an issue, should it?
:
:I think he meant "shows up" as in "arrives at my doorstep" :)
:
Indeed.  I'm not suprised that it will work.  I'm suprised that the service
provider admits it.  I've been told by more than one dialup provider that
they are incompatabile with anything other than windows.  Not just, "We
don't support that", but "It won't work".  It's never been true.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.