Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:22:23 -0400
From:      "Jonah Sinowitz" <jgsinowitz@gmail.com>
To:        "Manolis Kiagias" <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-doc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>, Tim Kellers <kellers@njit.edu>
Subject:   Re: Chapter 23

Dear Manolis,

Thanks for the quick response.

In the introductory course I took, we did *exactly *as you said: we
downloaded the release CD and then worked through  the equivalent of the
first few chapters of the Handbook. We then moved very very quickly to the
"Common Tasks" section of the Handbook, "Chapter 8", and configured the
kernel.
After this experience, my thought was -- *if *"Configuring the FreeBSD
Kernel" is a common task, so are many of those tasks listed in "The Cutting
Edge".

Does this make sense?

Best,
Jonah