Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:57:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        polic@radix.net (nate smith)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Disk

> Ok it lights up twice and then jamms. Nothing happens after that. Once the
> light on the disk drive never went off. I'm thinking that there may be a
> fault in rawrite or boot.flp (i got the update) , when I write boot.flp to a
> NON bad sector disk, err, has no bad sectors, it still says "Bad sector in
> Sector: 1" . I have had this problem with 4 differnet disks but they had bad
> sectors, and when i tried a disk with no bad sectors i still had this
> problem. One other question is do i have to have the files in the floppy
> disks (the bin section) in a /bin directory? thanks.
> nate smith
it would seem to me that if you never get to the
'Boot:' prompt, then you must either have a machine with a
bad hardware problem, (or a REALLY lousy bios) or the image you are
transferring to the floppy is bad..
where are you getting it from?
from a  CDROM?
from the net?
if the latter, did you remember to set BINARY mode before uploading it?
are you writing the disk onthe same drive you are going to read it from?
they could have diferent allignments..