Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:35:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Seung-young Kim <nobreak@hongik.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About dir.FreeBSD.org

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Seung-young Kim wrote:

> But I want this to be real useful. To do this, It should be managed
> by one who in the www@freebsd.org and have a domain such like
> dir.FreeBSD.org and lives in FreeBSD project.
>
> Is this not useful thing? How about making directory before we decide
> at all if there is a person who manage this in www@freebsd community.

I think the framework is useful, but we're not sure what to put in the
framework! :-)  You might look over the www.freebsd.org site and see if
there is something in there that would fit well with this
organization... I suggested the gallery, but since this is your software
you're more familiar with it's capabilities.

Have you thought about programming a ODP interface for your directory?  It
would be cool to have an ODP subtree for FreeBSD that this plugs
into.  (See www.dmoz.org for DOP info.)

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org