Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:05:07 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        at@prod.shaw.ca, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How-to capture error messages from ... recent instant-workst

Hello!

> Can someone tell me where to look for how to capture the console
> screens that fly by in the port install process?

Before starting the installation, issue this command:

script /var/tmp/portinstall.log

After finishing the installation (successfully or unsuccessfully),
issue this command:

exit

Then you can read everything that was printed on the console during
installation from the file /var/tmp/portinstall.log (which may be
pretty large!).

Unfortunately I am not familiar with instant-workstation port so I
can't comment on that specific situation. My only idle thought is that
if you are not sure what various port configure options do it may be
safer to leave them as defaults.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Cannibal's recipe book: How to Serve Your Fellow Man.