Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 10:16:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        desmo@bandwidth.org (Kenneth J Monville)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcvt and backspace

As Kenneth J Monville wrote:

> I am currently using the pcvt option in the kernel for a number of
> reasons.  I am having trouble with backspace working correctly.  Most apps

You can create an alternate keymap entry in /usr/share/misc/keycap.pcvt,
and set the "<--" key so it generates ^H if you like this better.
No common agreement could be reached to justify either version, so we
decided to leave it as it is.

> I have tried stty erase ^? and it still doesn't work.

That's strange, since this is how i'm using it all the time.
(Actually, it's even the system default, you gotta stty erase ^h
manually when using syscons.)

--
cheers, J"org