Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 10:49:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        dervish@bantu.cl.msu.edu, ports@freebsd.org, dervish@ikhala.tcimet.net
Subject:   Re: How does one claim a port?

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

>  * I guess you could file a change of maintainership PR. It would just be low
>  * priority.
>
> One more thing -- if you have already talked to the previous
> maintainer and s/he agreed to the m12p change, then make sure to
> mention that in the PR.  Otherwise there could be an even longer delay
> while a committer tries to contact the previous maintainer.

This thread is one that I think was related to a 'ports@FreeBSD.org' port,
but I could be wrong.

Regardless, I guess these rules could into handbook/ports/chapter.sgml in
the 'porting' section.

- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -