Date:      Fri, 9 May 2003 07:05:06 -0700
From:      David Schultz <das@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

On Mon, May 05, 2003, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Another interesting and cool solution, one which I might implement for
>     myself, is to create 'temporary return addresses' for your email and/or
>     published web pages which are only valid for a short period of time.

I do this for Usenet.  It worked quite well for a long time, but
apparently Usenet spambots don't bother to create a database of
addresses anymore; they just SPAM you within 24 hours of your post
and move on.  I don't know if you would have the same problem if
you published your address on a webpage, but the only truly
effective techniques seem to be filtering incoming messages and
obscuring your address.