Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:58:19 -0800
From:      Nesi Unanaowo <nesi_unanaowo@net.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help - kernel swap_pager & buffer overflows problem

Hi,
I just encountered some weird problem. In the middle of a routine
file editing, I noticed some weird messages:

/kernel: swap_pager: suggest more swap space : 253MB
.
./kernel: swap_pager: suggest more swap space: 253MB

Soon after my X environment froze and I couldn't exit without
having to power cycle my standalone PC. After the system came
back up i tried again to establish my X session and  as soon as
X came up the problem started again and this time more
strange messages:

/kernel: sio0: 14 more tty-level buffer overflows (total 14)
/kernel: sio0: 57 more tty-level buffer overflows (total 71)
/kernel: sio0: 84 more tty-level buffer overflows (total 155)
.
.
.
./kernel: sio0: 5 more tty-levol buffer overflows (total 583)

My system is a  Pentium II (350 Mhz) with 128MB  and
about 120MB swap.  As i mentioned, this is a standalone
PC and there were no jobs running on the system as far
as i know. Any pointers/suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks
Nesi.