Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2013 07:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can I switch compiler from clang to gcc46?

Hi,
I tried both "CC= /usr/local/bin/gcc46" and "export CC=
/usr/local/bin/gcc46", but no good.

Per request, enclosing the default Makefile; I'm trying to compile OpenWRT
on native FreeBSD.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxs_eepbMt6qV3Y3bDFtbnBUZFk/edit?usp=sharing

The Makefile is unable to locate these either (but they are installed)
Please install ncurses. (Missing libncurses.so or ncurses.h)
Please install zlib. (Missing libz.so or zlib.h)
from devel/ncurses-devel: /usr/local/include/ncurses/ncurses.h
from archivers/lzlib: /usr/local/lib/compat/libz.so.4

Previously the compile broke at e2fsprogs and I wanted to test whether it
has been fixed. OpenWRT is starting to support NetBSD compile environment,
so the Makefile should be compatible... Source also has a BSDmakefile, with
only this in it:
world ${.TARGETS}:
        @gmake $@

Thanks and regards.