Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 14:16:14 -0500
From:      "O'Flynn, Derek" <DOFlyn@lsuhsc.edu>
To:        freebsd-tokenring@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Kind of a newbie

I used a Madge 3140 and it worked great, however, the 3140v2 does not work.
It has to be based on the Hawkeye chipset I assume for the FreeBSD drivers
to work.

You will have to recompile the kernel with:
device oltr
pseudo-device token

after compiling the kernel reboot you should see it pop up on the boot mesg.

Recently since I can't find a 3140, I ended up getting an IBM 16/4 Token
ring card (Olympic chipset) and am having to run it on the bastard Linux.

Derek O'Flynn
LSU Health Sciences Center
Enterprise Information Security
(504) 568-6130  doflyn@lsuhsc.edu