Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2007 04:11:30 +0300
From:      Mihai Tanasescu <mihai@duras.ro>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluesoleil dongle problems

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Hello,
>

>> I've just bought a Bluesoleil  bluetooth dongle and I'm having problems
>> with it right from the start.
>>

>> I kldload-ed ng-ubt.ko.
>>
>> After plugging the USB dongle in my computer it says:
>>
>> ubt0: vendor 0x1131 ISSCBTA, rev 1.10/3.73 addr 2
>> ubt0: vendor 0x1131 ISSCBTA, rev 1.10/3.73 addr 2
>> ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
>> ubt0: Interface1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3;
>> wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294
>> ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. STALLED (17)
>> ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. STALLED (17)
>> ubt_request_complete2: ubt0 - Control request failed. STALLED (17)
>>

> well, this points to usb and/or device itself, not bluetooth.
> basically the driver is trying to send control request to the device
> and it stalled. try different usb port and/or try to disable ehci usb
> and revert back to uhci (or ohci).
>

>> a couple of times and then everything stops and no bluetooth device
>> appears in /dev.
>>

> there won't be any entires in /dev for bluetooth devices. only netgraph nodes.
>
> thanks,
> max

I was using UHCI already.
The error still appears...but I don't quite get it...if I issue:

hccontrol -n ubt0hci inquiry

(like the handbook says)

I can very easily see my mobile phone and my keyboards' bluetooth hub.

I can also use:
hccontrol -n ubt0hci remote_name_request

and it works..but the error appears 1 or 2 times for each command I issue.

What could be causing this ?
Do I need to set(increase) some sort of a timeout ?