Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 18:42:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?adrian=20kok?= <adriankok2000@yahoo.com.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: delete file?

On Wed, 14 May 2003, adrian kok wrote:

> But the second one that I can't delete it

> > rm "(.)_Final Pro 3(System ID file).dmg"
>
> no such file or directory!

Let us see again...

You have created files whose names have characters that have a special
meaning for the shell: (, ), and whitespace.  In this case you have
to make an escape sequence to reference them.  This is made using
"\" before the special character.

Try this:

	rm \(.\)_Final\ Pro\ 3\(System\ ID\ file\).dmg

now, if this file is the only one ending in ".dmg"  you can try:

	rm *.dmg