Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:53:34 -0400
From:      Andrey Shuvikov <mr.hyro@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removing extra locales

Hello,

I was installing some software from ports on FreeBSD-7.2 machine and
noticed that a lot of locales (languages) are being installed. But I
definitely don't need all of them. Is there a generic way to tell the
ports that I need only certain locales? Does it make sense to do so or
it's better to keep all of them? Can I just delete extra locales for
already installed software?

I'm using portsnap, and portsnap.conf man page mentions REFUSE command
but there is a warning there that "operating with an incomplete ports
tree is not supported"

Thank you!