Date:      Sun, 03 Jun 2001 21:51:27 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Assembly language tutorial

Murray Stokely has recently pointed me to the SGML source of my
assembly language tutorial as a chapter in the FreeBSD Developers
Handbook.

I have since updated the tutorial. While I wrote it in a language
of my own design, I have now adjusted the language software so it
can produce both HTML as seen on http://www.int80h.org/bsdasm/
and SGML in the format Murray has shown me.

The idea is that whenever I update my tutorial, I can also update
my chapter in the developers handbook at the same time.

However, this is the first time I am dealing with SGML, so I would
like to get some input:

- First, I would appreciate if someone could take a look at
  the SGML and tell me if it is correct.

- Second, I need to know how to officially submit future
  additions to the chapter.

- Third, I need to know how to refer to other parts of the same
  handbook. I mean parts written by someone else. I noticed
  the handbook uses some very cryptic labels, such as AEN5339.
  How do I know the proper label for some other sect[123]?

Anyway, the SGML is at http://www.int80h.org/bsdasm/x86.sgml
and is updated automatically when I change the tutorial (it
is actually a CGI program that converts it to SGML on the fly).

Adam

---
http://phonecowboy.com/registrar/twist/ finds a good domain for you
and checks for its existence.