Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2017 11:39:47 -0400
From:      Howard Leadmon <howard@leadmon.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Errors with ports on 9.3..

  I know 9.3 is kinda dated, but it had been running fine so I left the
servers alone as they were in a remote location many hours away.

  That said, if I try and do anything with ports (I keep everything
updated using SVN), I get the following error:

"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1038: Unknown directive

The line is:   .export         LANG LC_ALL

I even tried removing the ports tree, and bringing it all back down, but
same error.   Maybe my googlefu is failing me, but I couldn't find this
exact error listed anyplace.   I have a couple FBSD 9.3 machines still
in existence, and they all do this with anything in ports now.

Any ideas or suggestions?  Would just taking SVN to the current 10.x fix
this?

---
Howard Leadmon
PBW Communications, LLC