Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:54:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Lui <klui@cup.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AD1816 patch on FreeBSD

Hi,

I've sent some email to some people in regards to my problem but haven't
had a resolution so I thought I would send it to this list. Luigi
responded but he's too busy to work on the sound drivers. If someone
has had their Kayak's sound hardware recognized, I would appreciate a
pointer. I have also tried using the pnp interface in /boot/kernel.config
but it didn't work either. I keep on getting the timeout messages in
my log files.

Espen was the person who patched it for his Kayak, but he's away from
his machines and his contact hasn't replied about what his configurations
are. German was the other person who worked with the code a bit but after
I sent him my reply, he hasn't gotten back to me. I guess they're both
expecting the auto probe to turn up something.

If I put in a bogus port, the kernel will complain that the sound "card"
isn't found. But unlike lots of other sound hardware, it doesn't specify
the port's range (0x220-0x232), just its beginning (0x220). Guess I will
have to go back to Slackware...

Tried disabling the parallel port (IRQ conflict), but that didn't help.

Ken
--
Ken Lui                                3495 Deer Creek Road
klui@cup.hp.com                        Palo Alto, CA  94304           USA