Date:      23 Jun 1999 23:05:16 -0500
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To:        "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I check out from a local CVS tree?

"Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net> writes:

> Hello,
> I have the whole CVS tree on my system, via CVSUP.  Someone had suggested
> that I could use cvs to pull the /usr/src and /usr/ports trees out of my
> local CVS repository.
>
> Is this possible?  If so, how do I do it, specifically I don't know how to
> specify that I want RELENG_3.  Pointing me to a FAQ page or specific message
> in the mailing list archives would be fine.

 info cvs

to read the CVS documentation.  To check out the source tree:

 setenv CVSROOT /home/ncvs {or wherever you're keeping your repository}
 cd /usr
 cvs co -r RELENG_3 src

Checking everything out takes some time.  The ports tree is
unbranched, so you check it out with

 cvs co ports
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.