Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 2009 06:12:45 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
Cc:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg upgrade desaster: Xlib: extension "Generic Event	Extension " missing on display ":0.0".

On Jan 31, 2009, at 9:05 PM, Mel wrote:

> On Saturday 31 January 2009 15:39:03 O. Hartmann wrote:
>> Mel wrote:

>>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-October/039134.html
>>
>> Well, that doesn't help very much. As R. Noland wrote, the error
>> coming
>> up isn't of any harm.
>>
>> I still have Firefox3 not working on a FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/AMD64 UP
>> box,
>> running the most recent FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT and having now recompiled
>> three time EVERYTHING, Firefox3 inclusive. Firefox3 is still stuck
>> when
>> it comes to pulldown menus or requester for download destination,
>> eating
>> up 100% CPU time and slowing down the box incredible. I pretty sure I
>> have all the stuff of the X11 suite in the right place and the right
>> revision number, as I said, I recompiled everything three times and I
>> did several attempts upgrading the whole Xorg since sunday last week.
>
> You have 2 choices:
> - revert to known working xorg-server-1.4 (xorg 7.3)
> - try to debug this using the send-pr system, given the ammount of
> problems
> people are posting with this xorg-server, more datapoints are not a
> bad
> thing.
>
> As a sidenote, it would be nice if xorg-server14 port would be
> created till
> the dust has settled.

	I don't have an issue with any cairo related ports after upgrading to
xorg 7.4. Of course I had to rebuild everything dependent on libxcb,
but that took no more than one iteration to complete (apart from
xchat2, which took 4 iterations to finish because of some wonky
library mucking up the works). Yay for statically linked library code -
_-...
-Garrett