Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:35:59 -0600
From:      ainvar@enteract.com
To:        Daniel Berlin <root@danberlin.resnet.rochester.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD burners: recommendations?

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

On Thu, Mar 05, 1998 at 11:17:13PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> MP6200s from Ricoh.
> I've gotten that thing to work on every OS known to man.
> And some known only to Aliens (IE Linux for the 3BX$#&@!*#&!@# (it's
> unpronouncable in your hoo-man languages))
> --DAn

Really?  I haven't been able to accomplish anything with my IDE
version of this drive....

FreeBSD doesn't know it.

The Windows 95 software they include doesn't support Rockridge
extensions, which seems to be required if you want to make a CD
with long filenames (a FreeBSD CD, for example..)

I haven't tried Linux.. how is its support?  I could install
Linux on the Windows 95 machine, then use Linux to create BSD cds..
but then how would I get Linux installed??-- Linux doesn't support
FTP install and I am not paying $50+ for a copy of linux on a cd..

Their tech support is "unresponsive."

> On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
>=20
> > I'm considering getting a CD-ROM burner.  Can anybody offer
> > recommendations, war stories or comments?
> >=20
> > Greg

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--