Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:54:16 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Various package/ports problems

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 01:59:14PM -0700, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:

> I wish i could, but i dont have physical access to the machine - its
> in a remote location with no serial console. So if anything gets=20
> messed up during an upgrade, im in a hell of a lot of trouble.
>=20
> I dont know when i'll be able to fix this problem so until i can upgrade
> the OS i at least want to keep the rest of it up to date.

The packages are compiled for 4.11-stable and do not work with systems
much older than this (e.g. 4.8, as you discovered).  You might have
more luck compiling from the ports collection, although that too only
supports 4.11 officially (and modern releases, of course).

Kris

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--