Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:27:46 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HAST, configuration, this actually looks insane

I aalways found hast very easy to configure - I stopped using it a
couple of weeks ago, but up until then we had used it heavily in
production. Have found some old config files, which do work, as examples:

two machines - catbert-active, catbert-passive. catbert-active is
192.168.10.3, passive is 192.168.10.4.

on catbert-active:

resource cbert0	{
	replication memsync
	local	/dev/gpt/catbert-active-hast-a
	on	catbert-active	{
		remote	tcp4://192.168.10.4
		source	tcp4://192.168.10.3
	}
	on	catbert-passive	{
		remote	tcp4://192.168.10.3
		source	tcp4://192.168.10.4
	}
}

on catbert-passive:

resource cbert0	{
	replication memsync
	local	/dev/gpt/catbert-passive-hast-a
	on	catbert-active	{
		remote	tcp4://192.168.10.4
		source	tcp4://192.168.10.3
	}
	on	catbert-passive	{
		remote	tcp4://192.168.10.3
		source	tcp4://192.168.10.4
	}
}

As you can see, its the same config file on both machines, just my gpt
name is different. If I were using device names then it would be
identical. I always fix both source and remote addresses as I was using
a pair of dedicted cards to connect themmachines - they had other Ip
addresse and could see each eother over a different LAN too.

I always put by 'local' outsid the 'on' definitionse, and had different
config files on each machine. I havent tried it with 'local' inside, but
your config does look OK to me, assumng that works. try adjusting it to
have the soucre addess and local outside of th definition like I do
though, as I do know that works.

-pete.