Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:56:49 +0200
From:      Roberto Nunnari <roberto.nunnari@supsi.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: perl WITH_THREADS= yes or no?

Hi Anton.

I'm no expert here, but I found that installing perl
without threads works for the vast majority of ports.

In one occasion I needed to recompile perl with thread
because another port required so.

Also, I remember that using WITH_THREADS=yes came together
with a warning that it could break other applications
requiring perl.

So, if not a requirement, I'd stick with perl without threads.

Best regards.

--
Robi