Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:27:09 -0800
From:      "Robert L Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Secure FTP

If you are already using Vandykes SecureCRT, it comes with VCP which is a
glorified scp like command line tool to move files to ssh2 compliant
servers.  These are the default for recent versions of FreeBSD.

But that's the hard way, why not just set up a secure tunnel, and use the
ftp client of your choice.  You can setup many http authoring programs to
use the tunnel too.

You can useTerra Term to setup tunnels and most of the other secure
clients also.  Niffty Telnet for the Mac will also use ssh tunnels, it
even includes a client feature to move files to the ssh2 compliant server.

Or you may want to look into http post.  Sorry I have not explored this
because the tunnels are just too easy.

Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
03/06/2001 11:41 PM